Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM)Development Circuit Qualifying School event at Kinrara Golf Club

View photo in messageView photo in message

Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM)Development Circuit Qualifying School event at Kinrara Golf Club

Teenager Syakir takes first round lead at Kinrara

Amateur player Muhammad Syakir Adli took the first round lead in the Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM)Development Circuit Qualifying School event at Kinrara Golf Club in Puchong today.
The eighteen-year-old from Orna Golf & Country Club in Melaka shot the only under-par score in the first round of the three-day event after he returned with a one-under 69.
“I am very happy with how I played,” he said afterwards. “My short-game was really good today and that helped me a lot.
“I drove the ball well as I tried to keep it in play and I gave myself a few chances with a few short-irons into the greens.
“At the 15th and 16th holes I was 150 yards or less into the greens and I had one-putts for two birides there,” he added.
Periyono Dolsalim, Tan Chien Hau, M. Ramayah and Rashid Ismail were tied for second place on 73 – three-over for the day, while Safaruddin Abdullah was a shot back on 74.
Mohd Firdaus Sabri, another player from the amateur ranks, and Idzkandar Marappan were joint seventh on 75, and Rahizam Ramli and Norafsham Nasir (amateur) rounded off the top-10 with matching 76s.

Leading First Round Scores
69 -1 Muhammad Syakir Adli (A)
73 +3 Periyono Dolsalim, Tan Chien Hau, M. Ramayah, Md Rashid Ismail
74 +4 Safaruddin Abdullah (A)
75 +5 Mohd Firdaus Sabri (A), Idzkandar Marappan
76 +6 Rahizam Ramli, Norafsham Nasir (A)

Attached is a full report for your kind archive.

No comments: