Friday, 30 October 2015

Green takes the lead at Danau



http://damaru-golf.blogspot.my/
Talent in Plenty But How


http://www.damaru.info/
go read what on at KLGCC - CIMB PGA CALSSSIC
PGM DANAU CLOSED CHAMPIONSHIP II R3 RESULTS


PGM DANAU CLOSED CHAMPIONSHIP II R3 RESULTS 

Green takes the lead at Danau

Searching for his first victory as a pro, Gavin Green took the lead after the third round of the Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM) Danau Closed Championship II at Danau Golf Club in Bangi, Selangor today. This will be the second time Green goes into the last round of a PGM Tour event with the lead. He held a five-shot cushion after the third round at the Northport Glenmarie Championship in August and saw it slip away as he finished runner-up.

Green, who carded a four-under 68 today for a seven-under 209 total, will be hoping to do better this time. But, his lead is not as huge. He holds a one-stroke advantage over Shaaban Hussin, who signed for a 70, and he is three in front of third-placed R. Nachimuthu, who had a 73. Nicholas Fung shot an even-par 72 for a 213 total and fourth place, while Kim Leun Kwang (67), Sukree Othman (72) and Muhammad Alwarith Damian (76) were tied for fifth on one-under 215.

The low round of day, and tournament so far, was a 66 that Rizal Amin posted with a showing of some excellent shot-making.

The 29-year-old, who won at the end of last season and went on to lose 25kg this year, said he was more than pleased with today’s effort.

“My game is in transition,” said Rizal. “I’m still adjusting my game after losing all that weight. But I must say that it is beginning to come around and I now have no issues with my swing.”

“I do find that I am having a few problems with my putting, and if the putts drop, as they did today, then I’ll be just about where I want to be with my game.”

Rizal’s six-under 66 took him to even-par 216 for the tournament, following two 75s over the first two days.

No comments: