Thursday, 10 September 2015

PGM Penang Championship 2015 - Round 1 Results

View photo in message

View photo in message





View photo in messagePGM Penang Championship 2015 - Round 1 Results
Sasidaran shoots 6-under to lead in Penang 

A performance built on controlled aggression and confidence saw M. Sasidaran seize the first round lead of the Professional Golf of Malaysia (PGM) Tour’s Penang Championship today.
Having shown flashes of good form recently when contending, in a bid to secure his maiden PGM Tour title, Sasidaran shot an opening day six-under 66 to lead by one stroke from Iylia Jamil.
It was deserved start on a day that was interrupted by poor weather, as Sasidaran played with a calm demeanor and had seven birdies and one bogey.
“I played well again today,” he said. “But I need to play like this consistently. I have had a few good rounds recently that helped to be near the top of the leaderboards.
“And what I need to do now is stay there (near or at the top) by playing consistently well. I felt fine today. I hit the ball good and solid, and I putted well too.”
Iylia, whose five-under-par round, left him to say that he was happy to have made a solid start to the RM180,000 tournament.
“I have been playing well recently, although I have not won anything,” he said. “A lot of that has to do with the hard work I’m putting into practice.
“I’m not doing anything different in practice, but just practicing more with a plan to get better. Hopefully I can continue like this through the week – this is a good start."
Due to heavy rain fall this morning, the players only started play at11.00am. Play was temporarily suspended at 12.10pm and resumed play at 2.04pm.


No comments: