Thursday, 23 April 2015

PGM Danau Closed Championship 2015 - Round 1

MUHAMMAD WAFIYUDDIN AND KHOR KHENG HWAI IN THE LEAD

Muhammad Wafiyuddin 

Khor Kheng Hwai


Muhammad Wafiyuddin and Khor Kheng Hwai take first round lead carding matching 69s for a one-stroke margin at the Professional Golf Malaysia (PGM) Tour's RM 180,000 Danau Closed Championship 2015 at Kelab Golf  Danau UKM in Bangi today.

It's a good performance from rookie Wafiyuddin who earned his PGM card at the beginning of this year. This is his fifth event and is the first time he landed himself at the top of the leaderboard thanks to a strong short game. 

"I haven't led or shared the lead in any of the tournaments I have played in so far. I had a few problems off the tee-box, but my recovery and approach shots helped me," said the 24-year old who is still a university student in Perak. "In fact, my approach shots and putting were really good today and I think that is why I was able to shoot this 69", he added.

Round 1 results -







No comments: