Wednesday, 28 January 2015

PGM Sime Darby Harvard Championship 2015

PGM SIME DARBY HARVARD CHAMPIONSHIP 2015

ROUND 4

ARIE CAPTURES MAIDEN ADT TOUR TITLE



PGM Sime Darby Harvard Championship 2015 winner Arie Irawan

Arie Irawan


Malaysia's rising talent Arie Irawan captures maiden ADT Tour win and his second PGM Tour title. With a total score of 18-under 270 which included a trail-blazing 63 on the first day, Arie seized the win from overnight leader and fellow Malaysian Sukree Othman by a single stroke.
"This was a tough tournament to win as the field was very strong and we all know any of the 20-25 top players have a chance of winning it. 
The first day was really great. And then in the second round I was just happy to play under-par as I didn't get many good breaks - but it was still good. On the third day I just tried to stay focused and I did. I was only one shot off the lead coming into today's fourth round and I knew I had to play steady, controlled golf if I was to get a chance of winning."

Arie remarked that he would now turn his attention to playing well at the upcoming Maybank Malaysian Open at Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club.
"That is our national Open so all of us in it will be trying to do our best. It will not be easy as it's a tournament run by the Asian Tour and The European Tour. But it should also be a good experience and one that we can learn from."

Sukree Othman and New Zealander Sean Riordan finished joint runner-up

Overnight leader Sukree Othman finishes joint second with Sean Riordan from New Zealand. 

 
 



ROUND 3

THREE MALAYSIANS IN THE HUNT

Sukree Othman snatches third round lead

Sukree Othman grabs third round lead after firing a 66. The 39-year old Malaysian said tomorrow he'll be keeping his eyes on his own game and "playing against the course" and not watch how other players are doing. Sukree noted that the course was dry and so gives good opportunities for short hitters.


Arie Irawan in contention

Arie Irawan who held the lead for the past two rounds, carded a 68 and dropped to second position, just one-stroke off the lead.
Reflecting on his bogey-free round, Arie remarked, "The guy who’s mentally the toughest will win. I played my best, stayed patient and I’m delighted I managed to keep the bogeys off my card today. It’s going to be a tight race to the finishing line tomorrow and I’m looking forward to the challenge.”

Kemerol Baharin cards a 64 jumping up from 14th position to 3rd

Fellow Malaysian Kemerol Baharin posted the low round for the day with 64, thereby putting Malaysians in the top-three spots on the leader-board.














ROUND 2

ARIE IRAWAN CLINGS TO LEAD


Arie Irawan

Arie Irawan clings to lead. The 24-year old carded a one-under-par 71, leaving him with a slender one-stroke lead over south African Mathiam Keyser and Swede Oskar Arvidsson, Malaysian Sukree Othman and American Rob Siebly.
"I'll take an under-par round today. I obviously did not play as well as I did yesterday, but I'm still happy with where I am at the tournament," said Arie after his round.
I got into trouble a few times and should have been able to rescue the situation, but I didn't" Arie added, referring to his three bogeys in his first eight holes. However, his bogey-free second nine which included three birdies considerably improved the situation, enabling him to finish with an under-par round.

Lying in a four-way tie at second place is Mathiam Keyser from South Africa, Sweden's Oskar Arvidsson, American Rob Siebly and and Malaysia's Sukree Othman. Keyser and Othman carded 65s and Arvidsson 66.
Brett Munson

The low round for the day was from American Brett Munson with a 64 which included an eagle. Brett Munson earned his Asian Tour card by way of his fifth placing in last year's ADT Order Of Merit (OOM).
"Everything went smoothly today. I hit very good wedge shots into the greens and gave myself good chances at birdie. Most of them were inside 10 feet and a couple were tap-ins," said Brett reflecting on his round.




ROUND 1

ARIE IRAWAN TEARS UP THE COURSE WITH A PHENOMENAL 63


Malaysia's Arie Irawan tore up the course with a phenomenal 63 in the opening round of the PGM Sime Darby Harvard Championship 2015


Malaysia's rising talent Arie Irawan tore up the course with a phenomenal nine-under-par 63 at the RM 200,000 PGM Sime Darby Harvard Championship 2015 in Kedah.
"I played very well today and maybe should have finished with a round of 60 or even 59. I missed three or four short putts, yet drained the longer ones. But overall, I am very happy with how I started here today. I played well in Sabah last week but couldn't convert the putts, whereas today it was different and managed to hole a few." said 24-year old Arie, who turned pro a little over a year ago.

American Rob Seibly got off to a firing start in his debut PGM Tour event, carding a 65 to settle for sole second position, two-shots off the lead.
"I hit the ball well and putted well too. I played the Asian Tour Qualifying school and unfortunately did not make the grade, so I'll try to earn a playing card by finishing in the top-five of the Asian Tour Order of Merit (OOM). And with a start like this, I'm really pleased and hope to build on it", said Rob. The 25-year old who turned pro three years ago plans to spend the rest of the season in Southeast Asia.

One stroke behind Rob and three-strokes off the lead is Terumichi Kakazu from Japan. His father is his coach and is a teaching pro in Japan.

Malaysia's Airil Rizman Zahari and Finland's Janne Kaske are in joint fourth position.



No comments: